This Valentine's Day, we're all about thoughtful presents that will stand the test of time.
Diamonds? Unless they're ethically sourced, no thank you. Chocolates? Not unless they can sweeten this whole relationship. A watch? Actually, it's time to get more creative than that.
Here are some gift ideas for the 21st century lover... a person who wants to get love right more often than wrong.
1) For your new partner: a quick google search to increase your knowledge on consent
2) For your longtime girlfriend: the gift of not manterrupting her during dinner
3) For your fiance: the gift of physically intervening when the qazi tries to cancel her right to divorce on your nikkahnama
4) For your working wife: the gift of microwaving your dinner yourself
5) For your wife who's a homemaker: the gift of co-parenting, not babysitting
6) For your new boyfriend: the gift of letting him be your plus one to the Aurat March so he can learn something
7) For your longtime boyfriend: the gift of supporting his passion to be a chef, not a banker
8) For your husband: the gift of supporting him to seek therapy for his work stress
9) For your gal pal: the gift of celebrating her new promotion as hard as you celebrated her baat pakki
10) For your dude pal: the gift of correcting him when he gets casually sexist at someone. He'll thank you later
This piece was originally published on 14 February, 2019.