Bollywood veteran actor Jaya Bachchan is being reported to be possibly the richest MP in the Indian Parliament right now after she declared assets of INR1000 crore.
What counts towards her riches, curious fans may wonder. Here's the breakdown of her and husband Amitabh Bachchan's declared assets, as reported by the Indian press:
1) Gold and jewellery worth INR62 crore (more than half is Amitabh's -- the man likes his bling!)
2) Vehicles worth INR13 crore (12 vehicles, including a Rolls-Royce, three Mercedes, a Porsche and a Range Rover. Amitabh also owns a Tata Nano and a tractor.)
3) Amitabh and Jaya's watches worth around INR3.4 crore and INR51 lakh respectively
4) A pen of Amitabh's worth over Rs 9 lakh
5) Properties in various Indian cities and a 3,175 sqm residential property in Brignogan Plage in France
All in all, the power couple have immovable assets worth more than INR460 crore and movable assets worth INR540 crore.