In the wake of the Weinstein scandal, Sylvester Stallone is the latest Hollywood star to have been accused of sexual assault. However, in Stallone's case, the accusation doesn't come from within the industry.

BBC reports that an unnamed woman claims that she was “intimidated” into having sex with the Rocky actor and his bodyguard Michael De Luca at a Las Vegas hotel in July 1986. The woman says she was 16 at the time.

Also read: What you should know about the Harvey Weinstein scandal

Stallone has categorically denied the accusations.

Michelle Bega, his spokesperson, said: “This is a ridiculous, categorically false story. No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today (Wednesday), including Mr Stallone. At no time was Mr Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.”

However, according to Daily Mail which published a 12-page police report that details the woman's encounter with the two men, the allegations were first made public in a story by Baltimore Post Examiner.

The police report mentions that the woman and Stallone met when the latter was shooting Over the Top at the same Hilton hotel in Las Vegas as she was staying at with family friends. She said that she was introduced to the then-40-year-old actor by actor David Mendenhall, who was playing Stallone’s son in the film.

She claimed she had sex with Stallone and became “very uncomfortable” when he encouraged his bodyguard to join them. She states there was no actual physical force, but she did feel intimidated. She also said that Stallone and De Luca forced her to perform oral sex on them.

After the incident, Stallone allegedly threatened her and if she told anyone about it, “they would have to beat her head in”.

The BB reports that a separate report from the sexual assault unit stated the men then laughed, "and she took it as a joke also", but after the alleged victim left the room she "became very distraught and frightened, and wasn't sure that that threat had been a joke after all".

As to why she did not pursue charges at the time, it was because she was “humiliated and ashamed”, as well as being “scared”, according to the police report.

Retired Las Vegas metro police department detective sergeant John Samolovitch, who was head of the sexual assault unit at the time, confirmed that “the copy of the police report is in fact a true copy of the original report”.

Email