Updated May 19, 2017 05:25pm

Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor will play father and son on the big screen

Veteran actors Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor will be seen in the roles of father and son in upcoming film 102 Not Out, reports Hindustan Times.

Big B will star as a 102-year-old father, while Rishi plays the role of his son, who is 75 years old.

The film is based on the Gujarati play of the same name and will be directed by Umesh Shukla (of Oh My God fame).

Rishi expressed his delight at the opportunity to reunite on screen with Big B:

Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor have previously appeared in several hit films including Amar Akbar Anthony, Kabhi Kabhie, Naseeb and Coolie.

The shooting of the film began this week and is expected to conclude by end of July.

“Amitji and Rishiji are collaborating after 26 years. They are playing Gujarati characters for the first time. Being a Gujarati myself, I had certain references in my mind which we used to create their look,” Umesh told Mumbai Mirror.

Your Name:

Recipient Email:

Join the conversation

Comments
1000 characters

Indian May 19, 2017 05:43pm

Awesome! I will love to see this movie. Can't wait....

Sharique May 19, 2017 05:46pm

wow.. looks a great combination :)

pakistani May 19, 2017 06:21pm

Both legends in one movie. Should be worth watching.

SUDHAKAR, USA May 20, 2017 07:40am

Sry, but these are Indian legends, have nothing to do with Pakistan. Pakistanis should write about their own legends like Shaan.

Ahmar May 20, 2017 08:43pm

I saw shaan he lack acting skills n people are comparing him with these legends

MIRZA I. AHMED May 20, 2017 11:22pm

Reaching the top is winning a battle. Staying at the top and holding the spot is winning the war. Way to go Big !!

khan May 21, 2017 10:58am

sharukh easily beat his acting . Still God bless him with health

Amit May 22, 2017 05:43am

It feels so good when Pakistanis write and think good about the Indian actors and feels so bad when they write bad things. I guess, it would be the same when we make movies berating them and killing them in most of our movies. I hope that it will be the love in the end which will get both of the countries peace and not the hate.