5 questions with Umair Jaswal: 'You can't stand still!'
There's something about the Jaswals. The bro-trio of Yasir Jaswal, Umair Jaswal and Uzair Jaswal has successfully been rocking the current film and music scene.
But while Yasir and Uzair are active, Umair was off the grid till he came back with a bang with 'Sammi Meri Waar' in the latest edition of Coke Studio. He will soon also be making an appearance in Hassan Waqas Rana's Yalghaar.
The singer, whose fans remember him from his Qayaas days, were overjoyed to see him perform again. But of course there were some who criticised the singer for showing "too much energy" on the set. But Umair doesn't believe in tit-for-tat and responded to everyone with utmost respect and love.
We couldn't help but throw five Qs his way:
1. Describe yourself in three words:
Umair Jaswal: Dreamer, believer and bold.
2. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
UJ: Nothing. I believe my parents raised me with the best of their abilities. Not saying that I am perfect, no one is.
3. How hard is it to live with a name similar to your younger brother Uzair. Do you suffer from middle child syndrome?
UJ: Hahahah not really, it's an honest mistake, just one alphabet. If anything, I find it funny even when people do it on purpose.
4. What is the worst/best comment/compliment you've received on your performance?
UJ: "You can't stand still!" — I think it's the worst and best compliment ever. Lol!
5. What else do you have on your plate?
UJ: More music leading to an album and just finished shooting a mega TV project. Along with them I am preparing myself physically for a challenging film project!