Kevin Spacey's latest film Billionaire Boys Club has earned a record low for the actor, collecting a disgraceful $126 on opening day.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actor's film is only screening at 10 select theatres in the US and had a quiet opening on Friday. The crime-drama was also released on premium VOD last month.
The film's distributor Vertical Entertainment had said in a statement that it will go ahead and release the film hoping that the actions of an actor in a supporting role do not affect the film's fate.
"We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person’s behavior — that were not publicly known when the film was made almost two-and-a-half years ago and from someone who has a small, supporting role in Billionaire Boys Club — does not tarnish the release of the film," said Vertical.
"In the end, we hope audiences make up their own minds as to the reprehensible allegations of one person’s past, but not at the expense of the entire cast and crew present on this film."
Spacey was first accused of sexual assault late last year after which he said he did not remember the encounter but that “if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour.”
Since the allegations, Spacey lost out on several projects, including the popular Netflix series House of Cards that wrote him out of the protagonist's role and Christopher Plummer's All The Money In The World that was released only after all of Spacey's scenes were re-shot with another actor.