Updated Mar 19, 2017 01:15pm

Mira Sethi signs on to 'Saat Din Mohabbat In'

Here's another performance we're itching to see in Saat Din Mohabbat In.

Meenu and Farjad's upcoming rom-com starring Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar Siddiqui will also feature Mira Sethi in a comedic role.

"I'm playing a British-Punjabi character," she reveals to Images. "It's a comic role. When I read the script I 'lol-ed' silently to myself: veering from Punjabi to BBCD British English is a funny sight to behold. There aren't too many comedic roles written for women, so this was an "AHA!" moment. The writing for my character is terrific."

She adds, "It's not your run-of-the-mill "village" Punjabi, think of a Bradford-tinged accent, so playing with that will be interesting,"

And how is Mira prepping to step into the shoes of her British-Punjabi character?

"I've been watching bits and pieces of reality TV about Pakistanis living in Bradford--there are some funny YouTube videos out there," she tells us.

Saat Din Mohabbat In, scripted by Fasih Bari Khan, follows a young man on a quest to find his true love in a crowded Karachi neighbourhood. Like all good love stories, he will encounter obstacles, both spiritual and physical, that he must overcome in order to achieve his goals.

Your Name:

Recipient Email:

Join the conversation

Comments
1000 characters

Fudayl Z. Ahmad Mar 19, 2017 12:47pm

Mira is an excellent actor and i am really looking forward to the success of this film too. But I'd like to mention many people's desire that we must have separate actors for the big screen, so that the films do not seem like a TV drama.

Rohail Mar 19, 2017 01:26pm

She doesn't even know how to act but playing feminist card!

M. Emad Mar 19, 2017 01:28pm

Saat Din Cricket In !

Parvez Mar 19, 2017 03:06pm

This girl is just down right pretty.......and what little I have seen of her on the small screen, she is a good actress.

a Gujjar Mar 19, 2017 03:27pm

she is great, young and pretty attractive girl , will fit good for British-Punjabi character

khan Mar 19, 2017 04:14pm

my favorite........haven't seen so beautiful actress before.

Shdhsn Mar 19, 2017 04:30pm

@Rohail How do you know? 80 percent of Bollywood actresses don't know how to act, they play women card or family card to get those roles.

aleem Mar 19, 2017 04:48pm

Who is she?

Peace Mar 19, 2017 04:58pm

She doesnt even know how to act but still lands a few roles. Guess whose daughter she is?

Afzaal Mar 19, 2017 05:29pm

Mira, you have fantastic acting skills. I will be waiting SDMI' release. God bless you.

Peacetime Mar 19, 2017 05:31pm

Mira has a high educational background and is an extraordinary actor.

anon Mar 19, 2017 06:21pm

She looks exactly like Fatima Bhutto!

AG Mar 20, 2017 12:01am

I agree, she is good actor saw her in some short acts on youtube.

zafar Mar 20, 2017 04:53am

@Shdhsn Why are you watching bollywood films then? Caught in the act.

Rana Umair Mar 20, 2017 06:07pm

@Fudayl Z. Ahmad What a ridiculous concept betraying an utter lack of idea regarding cinema. I have heard Shaan Shahid also expressing a similar opinion. Cinema and Television are two different mediums and differentiating between them comes down to two factors; Firstly, the story arc in film follows 2-3 hours structure, like a play, as opposed to the episodic structure of television serials and novels. Secondly, a film has to seduce its audience out of their homes and into cinemas. Using a food allegory, this equates tempting someone to travel across town to taste what you're serving, as opposed to coming downstairs for dinner. In smaller countries like ours good actors do both television and film, but even Hollywood is seeing a major return to the smaller screen for actors who value quality.

MJK Mar 20, 2017 06:32pm

Mira Sethi might become a successful actress but right now she has poor taste when it comes to dress. She better consult a designer.

Akhtar Ali Mar 21, 2017 02:31pm

A pedigreed human being , I saw her programme on ARY Mehman , Her trip to Renala & meeting with her grand parents & old servants was something that defines her as an excellent human being & a quality to cherish. I have also listened to her speech on graduation & feel that she can & will be a very good addition in the field of education, She as visiting lecturer / Professor in various educational institution teaching international syllabus will be an excellent addition,

Education in our country is an area needing support from youngsters like her & many more. This will be a valuable gift for the generations to come, I wish her best of luck in her life & in the times to come, Jeeti Raho Khush Raho Abaad Raho.