Can you imagine driving past Boat Basin in Karachi without grabbing some lip-smacking chaat to go? Or walking through Lahore on a hot day without grabbing a lassi?
When it comes to desi food, Pakistan is one proud nation where every city has its own specialty.
Here's a round-up of the most flavorful 'desi food' in Pakistan, submitted to us on Instagram through our #DawnWeeklyProject:
1. Tempting cholas with crispy hot parathas and puri makes for an ideal Sunday breakfast:
2. Perfectly balanced karahi! Just grab a paratha and enjoy:
3. The most divine lassi ever:
4. Seekh kebab is another firm favourite! Exceptionally soft and succulent:
5. Not a healthy dessert if you're watching your diet, but how can you ever resist gulab jamun?
6. Samosa chat is spicy, tangy, sweet and a popular street food:
7. 'Pakora time' – Everyone's favourite snack in Ramazan:
8. Who doesn't love biryani? Its taste and aroma is unbeatable!
9. Yet another BBQ item, juicy chicken tikka boti will leave you craving for more:
10. The quintessential Pakistani zarda:
11. No evening table is complete without 'zeeray wale dahi bare':
12. Who needs pizza when you have Peshawari naan?
13. And lastly, some desi goodness to get you through the winters:
In our newly introduced project, we give photographers on Instagram a chance to have their pictures featured not only on our Instagram account but also on our website. Want to participate in our #DawnWeeklyProject? Then follow @dawndotcom and stay tuned!